Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just call me the motivational speaker

OK so truth be told I have always been somewhat of a Dr. Phil in my group of friends. I just always have this need to help.....and I may come off as somewhat horrible and sarcastic but if you are my friend I will literally do anything to help you. This has been fun and great and all but 23 years later, I'm a little ad viced out man. There comes a point when your friends just start not asking you how your are doing and get right to what you can fix for them.
Let me preface by saying that I have been lucky to have very long term friends who know me and do not do such things, however I have cultivated friends since second grade that seem to see me as some sort of personal fix it person. As I get older I find myself less happy about fixing their problems, and though my life has been problem free, I find that not worrying or thinking about their problems frees up what little brain space I actually still have available.
And moving on..........Today I signed up for what will be my last semester in my undergraduate career. And two of those classes are Art classes. I draw and have the handwriting of a 2nd grader but who wants to stress out their last semester? I did some yoga last night and am going to do it again in an hour and my body has that fantastic stretched feeling to it right now.
Want to get back into the gym however, my sister has helped herself to my I-pod and I have yet to see it again. Being the youngest I have little say in my actual belongings. Also purchased a little book from B&M yesterday which is about the Red String which blocks negative energy and looks from you......hey whatever helps right!!??

2 comments:

CBK said...

Haha oh E, this is what we love about you! And amen to the being a little sister and "loaning out" your stuff...even though lately in our house it's been the other way around haha :) Thanks for the bday wish!!

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

haha. I know monogrammed lampshades will never grace your end tables, but I appreciate the support and I love you. xoxo