Friday, April 17, 2009

i'm single and apparently i have something wrong with me now

OK, so if I step into one more room or bar or mall and see someone I know from High School or just around my town that asks me the 2 major questions:
When are you graduating?
Are you seeing anyone?
"Probably in December and NO!"
Dear freakin god since when is the fact that you are seeing someone almost as big as a deal as if you are graduating college? Honestly anyone who knows me knows that I don't "see" people and if I was, you wouldn't know it until I was basically engaged or had too much to drink and was actually showing affection. I'm just no that girl, never have been. I have this feeling of having too much to do right now in my life, but I'm guessing that if it was the right person they would fit. You know what I'm not worried about it.....I'm 22 god damn years old, going to be 23 in a couple months, and I don't think I have some disease just because I haven't had some long term, life altering relationship by now. Kill me!!
I like to think that all of these people who have been dating forever and have been in love 5 times by the time they're 20 will be divorced and miserable by the time I actually make it work with someone fantastic.......evil but whatever. I'd rather spend my time wandering Barnes and Noble or Nordstroms then sitting at my boyfriends house that he shares with what 2 or 3 other smelly dudes playing Wii or Xbox, because at 22 that's about the only people I could have been in a relationship with......call it picky, I just know what I want and I want to have fun when I'm young, legal and blonde.

1 comment:

Liana said...

i've been with my bf for 5 years (granted thats an eon) but that's the only thing people ask us is if we're getting marreid! as is neither one of us has any exciing plans...it bothers me to. but you're getting close to graduating so i'm excited for you...and i wont ask if you're seeing anyone ;)