Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life can change in a minute


Its one of those days when you feel something fall out of our world.......Natasha Richardson died today after suffering a brain injury from a ski accident. Things happen to celebrities and sometimes one passes away, and unfortunately you become almost immune to feeling bad when people you don't know have died.......this is a death I feel sad about. The fact that this beautiful, mother, wonderful actress had a minor fall that has ripped her from the Earth is just sad. I can say that I along with millions of other girls who watched The Parent Trap look at Richardson and wanted her to be the mother you came home from camp to.......I will always remember that warmth that you felt when her smile showed up on the screen.
I have been very fortunate to realize that in fact life can change in a minute. I can still remember my minute quite vividly and it changed my life story forever and I have yet to fully recover. I don't think I ever will. Losing my father at 16 to brain cancer wasn't ever in the cards and hit me like a truck and that mark doesn't go away. I feel for her two young sons and my heart goes out to her sister and her family in general. Having been left with one parent, I am lucky that I have the strongest mother in the world as my mother. I know Richardson's husband looks to have the same strength.........today's been tough ya'll.

No comments: