Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Enough has to be enough


OK so places everywhere this week have been saying that Chris Brown and Rihanna are back together......I completely understand that there are two sides to every story but I cannot understand in my mind where there would be justification in beating a woman to the point that the picture of Rihanna shows her obviously bruised and even bleeding. This is something that has come out of left field for me completely because I have admired Rihanna's privacy but her public strong image that she has put out for young girls. Her style is something to admire and Chris Brown's music alone is something to admire as well. As a person who ADORES music and really listens to every type, I have loved both of theirs for a long time. Showing that they are back together shortly after this type of abuse is horrifying to me as a fan. Being not a teenager anymore I can say this isn't something that would influence my choice to immediately leave any situation like this I would personally be in......but young girls, especially those of the African-American community need to understand that in no way is Chris Brown right in this situation. I am disappointed that Rihanna family and people close to her have not urged her to stay away a little long.......my mother would have killed whoever did that to me though. We are women and we are strong and there is no situation in which we should have to return to someone when the relationship comes to physical abuse PERIOD. I have been a part of a abuse situation to a smaller degree and let me tell you it was handled well and not easy but had to be done.


I pray for both of these entertainers and hope that something good and informative will come out of this situation being so public.

No comments: